This shimmering taupe eye shadow look is my go-to for everyday and for work. It’s super flattering on all eye colors and most skin tones.
For medium to deep skin tones, you’ll just want to scale up your shadow crease shades to be one shade deeper than your skin color. The taupe lid shadow stays the same!
The video goes in-depth with my application and placement tips.
Here are the steps so you can either follow along or give yourself a quick refresher after watching.
– Shimmering Taupe Eye Shadow Tutorial –
Step 1 | Apply eye primer to help the shadow grab and stay all day. Dust a very light amount of powder over the primer and lid to help the eye shadows apply more smoothly.
Step 2 | With a fluffy crease brush, work your soft taupe shade into the crease, applying with a swiping motion first, then switching to small circles to blend the shadow out.
Step 3 | Apply a gel taupe eye liner as close to your lashes as possible. For downturned eyes, tilt your shadow up on the ends to give your eyes a lift. Blend immediately with a buffer pencil or smudge brush before the liner sets.
Step 4 | With the same pencil brush, work a little shadow into the outer “V” of the eyes, blending it in towards your lid.
Step 5 | Using a synthetic brush that has been wet (but with all water squeezed out), start tapping your wet/dry (baked) shadow over the lid of your eye.
Step 6 | Add a slightly warmer crease shade to the front 3/4 of your crease to intensify the look.
Step 7 | Using your ring or middle finger, tap a clear or rosy shimmer shadow into the center of your eye on the lid and bottom center of the eye.
Step 8 | Finish the look with individual lashes (if you’d like) and mascara. I always set my face with setting spray once I’m finished my whole makeup look.
Once you get the look down, it goes fairly quickly. This look takes me around five minutes total, eight if I do individual lashes.
Similar post | How To Make Your Makeup Last 12+ Hours
Shop the Post |
- Lorac Eye Primer – Dermstore | (25% off this weekend!) | amazon prime
- Hourglass Powder – Sephora | Beautylish
- Wayne Goss 02 Brush – Beautylish exclusive
- MUG Barcelona Beach (discontinued!? – ugh!) – amazon prime | Dupe – MAC Omega | similar (shade 282) | similar (shade Grace)
- Wayne Goss 03 Brush – Beautylish exclusive
- Sephora Collection Liner (flirting game) – Sephora
- Tom Ford Pencil Brush – Sephora | Beautylish Alternative pencil brushes: Wayne Goss pencil – Beautylish exclusive | e.l.f. pencil brush ($6 favorite!)
- Nars Himalia Wet/Dry Eyeshadow (discontinued) – ebay | Dupe – (shade Corfu) | Dupe – (satin Taupe)
- MUG Cocoa Bear (also discontinued!?) – Dupe: MAC Brown Script
- Natasha Denona Mini Diamond + Glow – Sephora | Beautylish
- Individual lashes – amazon prime
- lash glue – amazon prime
- Ilia Mascara – Sephora | Beautylish
- Nail Polish | Ella + Mila “Sugar Fairy”
- Pat McGrath Foundation (I’m wearing shades 8 + 10 mixed) – Pat McGrath | Sephora
- CT Lipstick (shade Very Victoria) – Sephora | Charlotte Tilbury | Beautylish | Dupe (shade Mink)
- Plum Dress
– These are my affiliate links. I really appreciate when you use them! It doesn’t cost you any more to use them (I actually try and find the best deals so you save $).
I make a small commission if you make a purchase using them. These commissions helps support the blog so that I can create more posts for you. Thank you!
Similar Posts |
- My Favorite 9 Concealers for Dry + Mature Skin
- How To Hide Dark Under Eye Circles
- The Best Eye Cream (You’ve Never Heard Of + It’s Affordable!)
- My Top Beauty Products of 2018
- My Favorite Six Foundations (at every price!)
- The Best Gentle + Effective Makeup Remover
Social Links |
YouTube | Facebook (I use this a lot for flash sale links) | Instagram @girlgetglamorous | Instagram hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR | Pinterest (join over 1.3 million other monthly views!) | Subscribe (free!) for the latest posts straight to your inbox
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!