Spoiler alert: I love all things Honeylove. I discovered this brand about 6 months ago and it’s a total game changer in the shape wear world. This review goes into detail, with before and after photos of the new LiftWear tank. I have not taken this tank off since it’s arrived!
Additionally, all Honeylove pieces are free of silicone strips. I have such terrible allergic reactions to those stripes that generally come on strapless bras and shape wear, so I was very happy to find that out Honeylove products don’t have any silicone.
This tank is also wire-free, which is also my preference! I feel like it was custom made for me. Honeylove has generously given me a code to hare with you for 10% off your entire purchase, use code: GGG10 at checkout.
HIT PLAY OR CLICK HERE TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE
- $84 (save 10% off your entire order with code GGG10)
- 3 colors: Runway (black with beige criss-cross), Sand, and Vamp (solid black)
- 8 sizes, XS-3X
- shop online at | Honeylove
HONEYLOVE TANK REVIEW
This is the ultimate shapewear tank. It’s meant to replace your bra and be more of a daily wear item, with slightly less compression vs the Honeylove SuperPower shorts.
I love how this tank makes my shirts and work blouses look so much more polished and sleek around the midsection.
I was apprehensive about it replacing my bra, but I have worn these tanks (I got a few different sizes to try) almost every single day since I got them.
DETAILS I LOVE
- The tank has the same criss cross, stomach smoothing panels (from the SuperPower shorts) at the front, with a built-in bra, and thin, removable modesty pads.
- There is also boning at the sides that starts about a half inch underneath the armpit opening and ends at the top of the waist. This helps keep the bra portion of the tank in place.
- All the seams are bonded and lay flat. The side panels have a layer of stitching as reinforcement.
BUST AREA DETAILS
I like the modesty pads for, well, modesty, ha! These are nice if you plan on wearing this tank to the office, restaurants, etc. where there can be industrial strength air conditioning.
The pads are very thin and can be taken out if you don’t like the feeling of light padding or replaced with a thicker push up pad if you like more of a lift.
The top portion keeps your chest in place and helps maintain a natural shape. I love that there is boning at the sides to keep the bra from moving and there is zero adjusting needed throughout the day.
I also love that there is no underwire! The lift and placement comes from well-structured cups. The wireless design makes the top extra comfortable.
The compression feels slightly less than the shorts, which I like for every day wear.
I found this tank extremely comfortable in both that office setting where I was doing makeup for a clothing company (bending, reaching, etc) and have also loved having the extra support while I work from home, sitting most of the day (in sweatpants, yay!)
I wore this for a 10 hour work day with another hour of commuting. I LOVE that the double layer of nylon provides a cushion against the waistband of denim jeans.
I didn’t expect to be wearing these so much, to be honest, but it’s what I reach for every morning now.
For sizing reference, I generally wear a women’s size 12 on top and 14 in bottoms.
For the Honeylove tanks, I have both the L and XL.
The size Large is the better fitting for me out of the two sizes. The bonding can give me a line at my back a little bit in the size L that is not uncomfortable in any way, just visible through some tops. But the L gives me amazing definition at the waist, fits securely at the bust, and flattens my stomach more than the XL.
For lounge wear, I prefer the XL.
It’s a very comfortable compression level to wear the XL for me for 12+ hours. I do feel like it’s slightly too large at the arm openings in the XL, but the bra portion still fits correctly.
BEFORE + AFTER (pin this!)
Overall: another winner from Honeylove! I haven’t stopped wearing these tanks daily since they arrived.
shop the Liftwear Tank (save 10% with code GGG10) | Honeylove
- The Prettiest Eye Makeup I Have Ever Tried (Fox Eye Look)
- My Favorite 9 Concealers for Dry + Mature Skin
- How To Hide Dark Under Eye Circles
- The Best Eye Cream (You’ve Never Heard Of + It’s Affordable!)
- The Best Gentle + Effective Makeup Remover
- Honeylove Shapewear SuperPower Shorts Review + Try On
- Instagram @girlgetglamorous | hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR
- Pinterest (join millions of other monthly viewers)
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel + turn on video notifications (make sure your phone settings have youtube notifications turned “on” too!)
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!