It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Sephora’s Holiday Bonus Event, ha! A.k.a. when you get 20, 15, or 10% off your Sephora order.
I’m very excited to partner this year with Sephora (Sephora!) to bring you my favorite picks. This year, I decided to focus on more mature-skin friendly products.
The Holiday Bonus Event is for “Beauty Insiders” – which is what you become when you join Sephora’s loyalty rewards program. You must be signed into your Sephora account to use the discount code. This year the code is: HOLIDAYSAVE
If you need to sign up for the Sephora Beauty Insider program, it’s free, and you get 10% off right away. Rouge members get 20% off (11/1-11/11) and VIB gets 15% off (11/7-11/11) and Insiders get 10% off (11/7-11/11).
Beauty Insider members also get free makeover when you spend $50 in store. Also, you accumulate points that you can use on 100 point trial size items, which is how I’ve found so many of my beauty must-have products over the years.
Every year, I stick with my game plan, so that I only buy products that I actually use daily. Work this discount to your advantage and shop smart!
The video below has demos of each product (starts at 2:15) if you want to see how they look and perform.
1 | Stock up on value sets
As stated above, this time of year there are always tons of amazing value sets for makeup and skincare. These are makeup and hair products bundles together at a huge discount, then you get to use the HOLIDAYSAVE discount on top of that!
Taking that additional percentage off the value sets can often make the products less expensive than drugstore makeup.
My picks this year are:
- the Hourglass Ghost palette – I have used every day since I purchased it. The powders are so soft and never accentuate fine lines. Each shades gives the most perfect, sheer wash of color, which makes this palette very beginner friendly. I can do my face setting, bronzer, blush, and highlight all with one palette. Breaks down to $12 per shade, then you’ll get your discount on top of that.
- the ILIA eye shadow palettes – Another product that I’ve been using daily, which should be noted, is rare for me. I try to switch it up a lot, but can’t stop using these flattering shades and formula. Each shade is so beyond stunning and the formula is beautiful. Again, sheer with a even wash of color, never patchy. Just smooth, even colors that are wearable.
- and the Fenty Glossy Posse – this value kit surprised me. I don’t know how she does it, but the colors really are universal. The glitter is micro-fine, so that it plumps the look of lips without being obvious. This keeps the gloss formula wearable for people wanting a more professional and polished look. I recommend applying a small dab to the back of your hand and applying with a finger to the center of your lips, or thoroughly wiping off the wand into the edge of the tube, as a lot of gloss does come out with the wand. Each “mini” tube is actually 5.5ML (5 mini tubes total) vs 9ML for a full size tube ($18), so this set is a steal!
I go into more detail and use or swatch each product in the video.
2 | Buy Sephora exclusives
Sephora Collection, Fenty Beauty, and Pat McGrath are a few brands that are exclusive to Sephora. This is the time to stock up as they generally won’t go on sale any other time of year.
I picked up a Pat McGrath eye liner in shade “Shade,” which is a hard-to-find taupe shade. Taupe is a very mature-skin-friendly shade. It’s flattering, without being too dark or overwhelming.
Sephora Collection is Sephora’s in-house brand of makeup. Their pro brushes work so well, I was blown away.
3 | Luxury items
If you’ve been saving up for a ghd or Bio Ionic curling iron or wanted to try a Koh Gen Do or Armani foundation, now is the time. You are definitely not going to find a discount on Tom Ford eyeshadow anywhere else, so get your must-have luxury items now.
My 2019 luxury purchase-of-the-year is Charlotte Tilbury’s lipstick in “Very Victoria.” It’s been my daily lipstick and is the perfect shade of nude and rose combined. It makes your own lips visually look plumper, so I think it’s the perfect lipstick shade for anyone losing volume in their lips. I’m wearing it in the photo below and in the video.
4 | Restock Essentials
Go through your makeup and assess where you are at with your staples, write out a list if needed to keep track.
I tend to go through my ABH Brow Wiz pencils pretty quickly. These are a staple product for me, as we all tend to lose fullness in our brows as we age.
These are the most natural shades and formula that I’ve found and the micro fine edge makes them very user-friendly. The spoolie on the other end is useful if you get a little too heavy-handed and need to brush out some of the product.
I also like to refresh my beauty blender at least once a year.
Writing out a list helps you see where you really need items, so you won’t be stuck paying full price in a few months.
5 | Travel Size
I started buying travel size mascaras and replacing them every three to four months (set yourself an iCal reminder to what date to replace.)
Not only is it convenient for … travel (ha!) I’ve found that I never use a full size tube up in four months anyhow.
Also, I change my mascara on schedule now, not only for eye health, but because dried-up mascara is also surprisingly very aging. I’ve noticed that fresh mascara always makes my eyes look fresher.
Everything I am wearing in this photo is linked above and under the video on YouTube. I’m obsessed with the Hourglass Ghost palette!
Once you are all done shopping, enter the code HOLIDAYSAVE at checkout to get the discount and remember to add a few 100 point rewards to your cart.
Make sure you watch until the end of my video to see my top 5 all time best 100 point rewards! I’m oddly obsessed with miniature beauty products.
I’d love to hear what the best 100 point reward you’ve ever gotten from Sephora was, please leave me a comment on YouTube (I can’t wait to see your responses!!)
Similar Posts |
- The Best Foundations for a Poreless Finish
- Concealer Tutorial | 35+ Mature Skin
- My Favorite 9 Concealers for Dry + Mature Skin
- How To Hide Dark Under Eye Circles
- The Best Eye Cream (You’ve Never Heard Of + It’s Affordable!)
- My Top Beauty Products of 2018
- My Favorite Six Foundations (at every price!)
- The Best Gentle + Effective Makeup Remover
Social Links |
Youtube | Facebook | Instagram @girlgetglamorous | Instagram hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR | Pinterest (join over 1 million+ other monthly views!) | Join 60,000 + other blog readers and subscribe to the (free!) mailing list to get the latest posts straight to your inbox.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!