I’m calling this post Blush 101 because we are going to deep dive not only into how and where to apply your blush, but also into all the different formulas available and which is best for you. I also want to share my favorite “secret” blush shade.
Let’s dive in, this video has all the details, including my technique for applying blush in the perfect spot every time!
SHOP THE VIDEO
1 | Cream
- have a water color like effect on the skin and are pigmented, a little goes a long way
- they blend easily and become one with the skin
- creams are easy to apply, making them great for all makeup skill levels, including beginners
- great for mature skin
2 | Liquid
- look like a second skin, moves with the face
- layers and builds easily from sheer to medium coverage
- incredibly natural finish
- great for “no-makeup” makeup looks because they have a seamless blend with skin
3 | Powder
- great for flash photography, creates contour and adds brightness to the face
- can be applied sheer or built up with layers
- fast and easy to apply, minimal blending required
- great for all ages
Tip to Make Blush Last | apply a small amount of cream or liquid blush first, then sweep a light layer of blush over that to lock in the color and set for all day wear.
A peachy, coral pink is one of my favorite shades on all skin tones for summer. But I feel like there is one shade that works on a ton of skin tones but gets totally overlooked: a beige undertone blush.
If you have a lot of redness in your skin and wearing blush only seems to bring that redness out, beige will be a great shade for you. It doesn’t contain a lot of pink or red in the formula, so it won’t exacerbate any surface skin redness.
More information on surface tones in this post.
3 | Patrick Ta Powder Blush (shade: She’s Seductive – beige mauve) | sephora
4 | Chanel Blush in Jersey | Chanel website (free shipping and samples)
5 | Charlotte Tilbury Look In a Palette (shade: Smokey Eye Palette) | charlotte tilbury website (free shipping)
Brushes for Powder Products
1 | Large Blush Brush IT Cosmetics | ulta
3 | Smaller Wayne Goss Airbrush brush | beautylish
Brushes for Cream + Liquid Products
2 | Individual RT Brush | amazon
This post contains my affiliate links and I SO appreciate when you use them. It costs you nothing extra to use them – your prices stay the same! It helps support the blog and make future posts possible. Thank you!
- Contour 101 | How, Why, + Where to Contour
- How To Use a Jade Roller (Guide with Photos)
- The Best Foundations for a Poreless Finish
- The Best Eye Cream (You’ve Never Heard Of + It’s Affordable!)
- Instagram @girlgetglamorous | hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR
- Pinterest (join millions of other monthly viewers)
- Subscribe (free!) for the latest posts straight to your inbox
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!