Koh Gen Do foundations have long been a makeup artist’s secret to flawless skin, that somehow always looks like skin, even when built up to full coverage. I wanted to do a swatch post of the full range of colors, because I do feel like it’s slightly hard to figure out your shade online.
AQUA vs MOISTURE
Koh Gen Do makes two types of foundations: Aqua and Moisture foundations. I get asked a lot which is the “best” foundation and they are both fantastic, so let’s go over the differences between the foundation formulas to help you decide which is right for you.
The Aqua is a liquid foundation, great for all skin types. It has an ever so slightly more soft matte finish and has more sheer coverage than the Moisture foundation.
The Moisture foundation is a liquid cream foundation, with a satin finish. It has concentrated coverage, meaning one small drop is enough for a full face application. It’s wonderful for dry and mature skin. It has more coverage than the Aqua foundation.
Both have made my “best-of” foundations list! They are truly exceptional formulas and both look amazing on camera and in photos. I prefer the Moisture foundation for myself, because I like more coverage, but both are beautiful. Sometimes I mix the two formulas and it’s such a stunning finish.
Related Post | My Favorite Foundations
Moisture Foundation Product Information
- $79 for .71 ounce
- concentrated cream/liquid formula
- 12 (excellent) shades
- plastic packaging, gently squeeze to dispense
- shop online | dermstore . revolve (worldwide shipping) . beautylish
There is one thing I’d like to add that hasn’t been mentioned in previous reviews. In this video, particularly at the end with the deeper shades, you can really see the coverage level of this foundation.
Sometimes with the foundations that are closer to my skin tone, I noticed it looks like there is barely any coverage because it blends so incredibly into the skin. But when there is more of a contrast, you can really see how much coverage this foundation has.
It’s truly one of my favorite foundations because it evens out skin, while still looking natural, never cakey.
This post contains my affiliate links and I really appreciate when you use them. It costs you nothing extra to shop using them, your prices stay the same. They helps support the blog and make future posts possible. Thank you!
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Swatches
- Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation Review
- My Favorite Concealers for Dry + Mature Skin
- How To Hide Dark Under Eye Circles
- The Best Eye Cream You’ve Never Heard Of
- My Favorite Foundations (at every price!)
- The Best Gentle + Effective Makeup Remover
- Instagram @girlgetglamorous | hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR
- Pinterest (join millions of other monthly viewers)
- Subscribe (free!) for the latest posts straight to your inbox
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!