FRIENDS. I spent an entire year searching for the best shampoo for Strawberry Blonde, red, and color treated hair. I spent a lot of cash. My shower started to overflow with products. I was lining bottles up along the wall. It was starting to look a little bonkers, but I truly think I’ve found the best shampoo to lock in color.
Red shades fade the fastest out of any colored hair. Which is kind of painful when you hit that just-right shade of Strawberry Blonde, with the perfect balance of red and blonde tones.
Most of the color-safe shampoos I tried left my hair feeling heavy right out of the shower. And it would only get heavier and greasier feeling from there. Or there would be a ton of lather and I’d watch my color go right down the drain. I found one I liked from Oribe, which was wonderful, but $46 for an 8.5 oz bottle. That price hurt when it came time to repurchase.
My search criteria:
I searched for a shampoo that would…
- make my hair feel clean for at least 2 days (I only wash my hair 2-ish times a week)
- would help maintain my hair color
- was priced reasonably enough that I didn’t have to re-mortage my house to buy it. Oh wait, I don’t have a house, I just have 17 half-used bottles of color-safe shampoo.
The best shampoo I found was from Alfaparf.
I got a sample packet of their color protection shampoo in a gift bag. I’d never heard of this brand but decided to try it right away.
My hair felt awesome. Clean. Silky. Smooth. My color looked great. I was impressed.
A few months later, I saw the line was carried by my local beauty store. I picked up a giant liter size, 33.2 oz for $48, trusting that the formula would be as good as I remembered.
It was. My hair was feeling/looking great!
I was so excited to share about this amazing shampoo. Then… I found out that the color protection line had been discontinued.
I spent so LONG searching for the best shampoo and was bummed.
But we move forward! I picked up the illuminating version from Alfaparf to try and have been thrilled with the results. I don’t notice any fading until 5-6 weeks post coloring and my hair felt even more clean that the color protection formula. Big win!
I’ve started mixing in the keratin shampoo and conditioner from Alfaparf every 3rd wash and I feel like it’s helped my my hair even softer. I’m obsessed with how my hair feels and smells after using this keratin duo.
shop Alfaparf Milano | Alfaparf Milano official website (free shipping at $50) . amazon
These are my affiliate links and I SO appreciate when you use them. It costs you nothing extra to use them – your prices stay the same! It helps support the blog and make future posts possible. Thank you!
- the best concealers for dry + mature skin
- my concealer routine for a smooth finish
- the best highlighters at every price point
- the best hand creams and body lotions
- the skincare device that transformed my skin – ZIIP beauty review
- review + before/after of Honeylove shape wear
- the only lip balm I use now
- Instagram @girlgetglamorous | hair extensions @girlgetglamorousHAIR
- Pinterest (join millions of other monthly viewers)
- Subscribe (free!) for the latest posts straight to your inbox
Thank you for reading and being a part of the blog!