I posted a review of Style Edit root touch up spray a little while ago. And like most products, I find that the more I use it, the better I get at using it and my results end up more natural looking. Practice makes perfect y’all, even when it comes to covering up grey hair. Ha!
Side note: I’ve been considering letting my hair go full grey, I think it could look so cool. But I also love the color of my hair now and it takes forever to get that perfect Strawberry Blonde, so you probably won’t see me rocking the full grey anytime soon. But I think it would look rad-i-cal, dude.
I’m going to keep this post short, because as much as I LOVE me some beauty chit-chat, this post is a bit more technical so I’m not going to let myself ramble.
In a Nutshell:
1. The most important part of using root touch up spray is to tilt the nozzle sideways, so that it’s facing down your hair towards your ends.
2. Aim towards your roots, just above your scalp. Any spray that goes past your roots will just help blend the spray better and make it look more natural.
3. Spray in little bursts, instead of one continuous stream.
4. Spray the greys around your face by tearing a piece of tissue paper into a “V” shape around the edge of the hair, as a guide to get all the spray onto your hair and protect your skin.
5. Use a thin teasing brush with boar bristles to blend the product into your hair.
Here is a video showing the technique in real time. A.k.a it shows you exactly how long this takes me to do and covers all the tips above.
Style Edit Root Concealer in Auburn/Red
official retailer: depasqualethespa online
eyebrow pencil: shade Caramel
lipstick: shade – Juicy Melons
foundation: Armani Luminous Silk shade 4.25
best eyeliner for winged liner
eyeshadow: crease shade is organic makeup line Kjaer Weis in Grace
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this is a helpful tutorial, Heaven knows I could have used it when I started using root touch up spray. I had a pink scalp forever until I learned how to use it – ha! You can find me on Instagram @girlgetglamorous // Facebook // Pinterest // and YouTube for more videos like above!