I am SO excited about this POP of Purple eye shadow tutorial. I really love this look and couldn’t wait to get it up on the ‘tube!
This look just does it for me, it’s got flash of color that really lights up your eyes and skin.
I feel like most women love color but want it to be subtle and not overwhelming. This look is a great way to mix up your makeup for spring/summer without feeling like the eyeshadow is taking over your face.
One quick thing: I was so excited that this look featured a super affordable/but still high quality purple cream shadow from Colourpop! But then when I went to go find it on the Colourpop website for you, I saw it’s been discontinued! I juuuust bought it a few months ago, so I was super bummed and surprised. But I spent the evening searching the internet for a dupe and think I found a few good alternates, they are listed below the video.
OHHHH, one more thing then I’ll get to the video, I swear to you. I decided to call the makeup looks “Redhead Friendly” instead of “Makeup For Redheads” because this look will look great on a range of hair colors/skin tones, etc. but redheads can def pull this color combo off. I’m also a big weirdo and I hate the idea of someone feeling left out or that a tutorial is “only” for certain people. I’ve always hated anyone feeling excluded and beauty is a place where everyone should feel included, thus the “friendly” term. Namaste, my beautiful babies.
Here are a few pics of the finished look (and by “a few,” I mean 17. Sorry for the overload, just so excited about this look!!)
Products Used // Purple Dupes
– Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
– Ardency Inn Eye Liner in Black
– Colourpop Super Shock Shadow “Leopard”: discontinued (agh – what?!) Dupes below
– Kjaer Weis crease shade “Grace”
– Makeup Geek eye shadow “Blacklight”
– Tarte mascara
– False Lashes (coming soon!): www.girlgetglamorousHAIR.com
Tools (substituted the ones that were hard to find online):
- Tapered Blending brush – Similar: Wayne Goss 02
- Synthetic concealer brush
- Wayne Goss Crease Brush #19
- It Cosmetics All-Over brush
- E.L.F Concealer Brush
- Sonia Kashuk lash comb
- Small Crease brush (similar): http://rstyle.me/n/bnvv6zbb7df and: http://rstyle.me/n/bfqafhbb7df
- Pencil Brush (similar)
- Tarte lash curler
- Small stippling brush (similar)
- Lorac Lip liner
- NYX Lip Liner “Natural” (similar shade)
- Too Faced Naughty Nude lipstick
- PUR Cosmetics Strobe/Highlighting Kit “Sunkissed” (ny new FAV product)
- (worn/but not shown) Armani Luminous Silk Foundation shade “4.25”
Purple Cream Formula Dupes for Colourpop “Leopard”:
- NYX “Purple Velvet”
- Estee Lauder “Night Violet”
- Laura Mercier “Violet”
- Maybelline “Painted Purple”
- Stila (Limited Edition) “Violet” liner set / “Purple Tang” Liner
- Lancome “Purple Dusk”
- Chantecaille “Orchid”
*These are my affiliate links which have no additional cost to you to use, but do help support the blog! 🙂
Thank you SO MUCH! I hope you all love this tutorial as much as I do and I mean it when I say if you try it, please tag me on Instagram @girlgetglamorous. Nothing makes me happier than seeing everyone’s looks!