This technique will seem familiar if you read my post on my foundation routine. I felt like this step deserved a bit more explanation, so it gets it’s own post. Nobody puts baby in a corner, ya know?
I have dry skin, with some small red acne scars on my left cheek. No big deal, but sometimes the redness can look like I put too much blush on if I don’t use a full coverage foundation. I don’t want my foundation to look thick, though, so I came up with this layering technique.
What you’ll need:
1. Your regular moisturizer. I prefer Jergen’s Daily Glow for face because it sinks in quickly and isn’t oily. It has SPF and gives your face a slight tan.
2. A tinted moisturizer or a BB Cream or a CC cream. I love Garnier BB cream, the oil control version. I have tried a TON and it’s one of my favorites and also happens to be the least expensive of the bunch. Total win.
3. (optional) Primer
4. Foundation. I’ve been loving the new Sephora Airbrush Foundation lately.
What I do:
1. I start on a clean, moisturized face. Let your regular moisturizer sink it for about a minute.
2. Then spread a dab of BB cream over your whole face.
3. Optional step, if needed, add a tiny dab of primer to any lines that tend to stand out once you have foundation on. (forehead, etc.) I did not use primer in these pics, but some days I do add it.
4. Add your foundation and blend well!
This technique gives you full coverage without having to add two layers of heavy foundation. Tinted moisturizers and BB or CC creams have light pigment, so they give you some coverage and moisture so that your foundation can just cover up the extra bits that need covering. BB/CC creams are a lighter texture, so you get the coverage, without the weight or look of a lot of makeup on.
I hope this technique works for you, let me know in the comments below!
Go Get Glam!
LEAVE A COMMENT
yaaaaazzzzz your skin looks amazing love it :*
How do you apply your Sephora Airbrush foundation?
I buff mine in with a flat kabuki brush. But it always looks so streaky and just bad.
Your application looks flawless!
And, I’m trying out your strawberry blonde dye mix this weekend! So excited.