Once upon a time, not that long ago, I wrote a musical sketch for Quick & Funny Musicals at UCB. It is amongst one of my favorite things I have ever written, for many reasons, including that I played a young mom obsessed with hair. NOT THAT BIG OF A STRETCH, amIright? At the end of the sketch, she was temporarily distracted from reuniting with her daughter by a hair extension stand in the mall, filled with what she called “Saturday Night Hair.”
Saturday Night Hair was big & long & unapologetic about it. The phrase “Saturday Night hair” makes me laugh every time I think about it, while I simultaneously nod to myself and think “Yeah…Get It, Girl.” Tease it ’til you touch Heaven, and never say you’re sorry.
1. I curled my hair away from my face with my new 1.5 inch Hot Tools gold curling iron (the best in the biz) and then clipped the curls up until they cooled. This takes a while but makes the style last longer.
2. After taking the curls down, I clipped in hair extensions that I curled with the same curling iron. A good trick for getting clip in extensions to lay comfortably, is to spray a little hair spray on the spot the clip goes. This gives the clip something to help grip so it pulls less on your hair.
3. I added a little more hair spray to my roots around the top of my head, then teased the hair, then smoothed the top layer of hair over the teasing.
4. Combed the extensions and my real hair together to make them blend.
5. Added a drop of hair oil for shine and smoothness.
6. Get out there.
Thank you for reading, please feel free to email, post the link to my blog on facebook or twitter, and share this post with anyone you think might like it!
xoxo – Girl Get Glamorous