I love beauty subscription boxes. I do. The surprise of new makeup every month is amazing, along with discovering brands I’ve never heard of and trying shades I’d be too scared to try on my own.
This month’s September Boxycharm was an awesome combo of all of these things. A TRIFECTA. I like that Boxycharm also pulls together a theme for every month. It makes the box feel nice and cohesive. It’s the makeup box version of having a friend that throws the best themed parties. The friend who throws your other friend a beautiful baby shower that is SO beautiful and classy that you catch yourself nodding in amazement while you murmur “fresh roses as a table runner, I never would have thought of that.”
Boxycharm is $21 a month, including shipping and each box has 5 full sized products. September’s theme was “Fashion Week Fabulous” and my box focused on smokey eyes and nude lips and fingers. Each box had a different shade of nail polish and lip gloss. My box included:
1. Tarte Lipsurgence lip gloss in Exposed, normal retail $19. A beautiful rosy nude, the perfect all natural, my-lips-but-better color. Tarte is a company that uses a lot of all-natural and vegan ingredients in their cosmetics. The only downside is that this lip gloss is slightly sticky, but it is also very hydrating. I’m totally, totally in love with this color. www.TarteCosmetics.com
2. Hello Perfume by Harvey Prince, normal retail $30. I’m not good at describing scents, let’s just get that out there. But this perfume smells to me like the adult version of summer. A little musky, but light. I love it. I’ve been wearing it almost every day.
3. Tarina Tarantino mascara, normal retail $19. This is my second product from this line and I’m super impressed once again. This mascara makes your lashes look full at the base, and long and wispy on the ends. Absolute perfection. The smell is a teeny bit off, but I can deal with it because I’m obsessed with how it makes my lashes look. It’s so perfect. Now I want to try the full Tarina Tarantino line, I’m loving their products!! This is why I love subscription boxes, I probably wouldn’t have tried this line before and now I’m truly in love with two products, the mascara and the conditioning lip sheen from last month’s box.
4. Coastal Scents Go Palette eyeshadow palette in Bejing, normal retail $12.95. I am loving all the pretty plums, purples, and peach shades in this palette. So pretty for a redhead and a nice range of shades. These are actually decently pigmented and lasted all day with a primer. The retail price on this is only $12.95 normally, so this is a great deal!
5. NCLA nail lacquer in Catwalk Queen, normal retail $16. 5 toxin free, yay! This is a gorgeous opaque nude shade. It applies smoothly but does chip quickly on me, as all opaque shades do. I love that NCLA doesn’t have the really gross chemical junk in their polishes and has such a pretty range of colors. I want to try it on my toes next to see if I can get it to chip longer. Seriously, what am I doing with my hands that makes my nails chip so fast?? You would think my whole job is running my hands back and forth in the dirt all day.
And now, pics, pics, pics!
Thank you for reading! Any favorite products or brands you’ve discovered from a subscription box? I’d love to know, comment below. Follow @girlgetglamorous on Instagram and see you beauties in the next post!
Go Get Glam!