OH HEY, YA’LL! I’m talking like a southern lady because today I’m talking about big hair. And if anyone knows big hair it’s me, Dolly P., and my southern ladies!
These big, huge waves are one of my favorite looks. The curls are touchable and easy to work with, and just loosen up and still look pretty three days later. I’m going to let my hair do the talking today so click below for the video!
What you’ll need:
– 1.5″ or 2″ curling iron. I’m using a 2″ Hot Tools curling iron in this video. In the Pinterest picture with the striped shirt, I used a 1.5″ curling iron. The 1.5″ iron will give you a slighter tighter curl.
– Clips. I’m using Hot Tools professional hair clips.
– Hair extensions (optional). I’ll post photos below with and without extensions.
How to get Big Wavy Hair:
1. Divide a 1″ section of your hair, starting at the bottom. Clip the rest of your hair up and out of the way.
2. Divide the bottom section into four pieces, curling each piece away from your face.
3. Clip the curls up to cool or “set.”
4. Repeat these sections and curls all over head, with the exception of a 4″ square section at the crown of your head.
5. When you get to the crown of the head, curl those pieces back. Once clipped, they’ll look like a curl on a old presidential wig.
6. Curl your extensions while your real hair is cooling in the clips. Curl each extensions piece in the same direction you curled your hair. It helps to hold your extension up to your head where you’ll clip it, to make sure your curling in the same direction as your real hair.
7. Take your hair out of the clips, shake it out, and add the extensions in.
8. Gently blend the ends of your hair and the extensions together, by holding all the hair in a ponytail and running your fingers through the ends.
Here’s the VIDEO one more time.
Thank you for reading and watching!
Go Get Glam!