I was at CVS the other day (my Mecca) and came across a display for some new Vivids shades of Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick. I’ve love this lipstick’s formula, I bought it before in two lovely shades of red, see that post here. This shade, Hot Plum, caught my eye and my heart at the same damn time.
I like the Colorsensational formula for the following reasons:
1. It has no weird scent. Sometimes you open a lipstick and it just smells so gross. Which makes no sense because they know we’re using this on our face, right? Like, right under our nose? Colorsensational has no smell at all. This I love.
2. It has no weird taste. See above and add “they know this is going on our mouths, right?”
3. The formula glides on so smoothly. No tugging.
4. The color distributes evenly.
5. Even when blotted, the color stays even looking.
6. It’s under $9. That’s a first class ticket to bargain city, girlfriends.
7. Did I mention the formula? This lipstick rivals all my pricier lipsticks for sure. It’s so pigmented and lightweight. It is a drugstore rockstar.
This shade, “Hot Plum,” is not a shade I would wear normally. It’s very vivid. We can call in neon. But there is something so beautiful about this shade that I had to try it.
How I wore it: I paired it like I would if I was wearing a red lip. Lighter blush and bronzer, but still a bit of eye makeup. When I don’t wear eye makeup, baby girl looks tiiiired.
Thank you for reading!
Go Get Glam!