It’s that time of the month! Makeup Mail!! Subscription boxes are like getting a Christmas present every month, I swear.
I love not knowing what will be inside the box. Boxycharm also started doing fewer sneak peeks on Instagram, which I love, because it adds to the surprise. They used to show all the products in the sneak peeks, so by the time the box came it was still fun but sort of anti-climatic. I know you are probably thinking I need to get a life if a surprise makeup box is truly what keeps me going, ha! But whatever floats your boat, right?
Refresher: Boxycharm is a monthly makeup subscription box. It’s $21 and includes shipping. Each box contains 4-5 full size or deluxe items.
January’s box was called “Eyes on 2016” and focused on eye products:
- Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged eyeliner in Grey, $20. (Some other boxes had Starlook Eyeliner pen, $19) This is one of my ALL TIME favorite eyeliners. I could actually not believe my eyes that it was in this box. These liners stay on forever, even in your waterline. They are so smooth, never tug when you are applying them, and have super rich colors. I can’t say enough nice things about this liner. I was so pumped there was a full size one in this box!! Best surprise.
- Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette, $40 (but usually on sale for $20 on their site). This palettes are the one “meh” item for me. The shadows irritate my eyes, so I end up giving them to friends who aren’t as sensitive as me. The colors are gorgeous though.
- Blinc Mascara Amplified, $26. This was another awesome surprise. This mascara is a pricy pick and had a lot of great reviews on the Sephora website. It’s not the most dramatic mascara I’ve ever tried, but I did like how it made my lashes look. Also, it didn’t give me raccoon eyes, big plus!
- Royal & Langnickel, eye shadow brush set $24. Another amazing product! I was surprised by how much product these brushes picked up. Usually synthetic brushes pick up less product than natural hair. But these really packed in on and blended beautifully. I was impressed! Also, I love that they are vegan.
3-out-of-4 HUGE wins this month! Great box. Definitely a favorite month…
February was called “Rush to Relax.”
- Spongelle Heart Sponge, $15. Love the shape, but the soap that comes inside the sponge irritated my sensitive skin. Going to try to rinse all the soap out so I can use it. It’s so cute hanging up in my shower!
- Beauty For Real Blush + Glow Stick, $24. The highlighter side of this gorgeous cream duo stick is actually the perfect light peach blush shade for fair skin like mine! I love it blended in to the apples of my cheeks.
- Shary Ms. Amazing Facial Mask, $12. I need to use this bad boy. It looks awesome. I hoard masks, gotta start using them more frequently!
- Ofra Banana Powder, $12. A gal can never have enough banana powder. The yellow brightens up under the eyes. I mix mine with a bit of light powder so it doesn’t look yellow on me, it just makes my skin look bright. Medium and Deep skin tones don’t have to mix theirs.
- Freeze 24-7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum, $58. This brand is pricey. I was surprised to see a very generous deluxe size in our box. Trying next, I just ran out of eye cream…
- RealTree for Her sample perfume, $12.99. This is a cute, light fragrance. Perfumes are tough, this one is not for me, it’s a bit too sweet, but it’s still pretty. It reminds me of a Victoria’s Secret perfume, but I can’t remember which one.
Pics // Pics // Pics // I love pics!
Side note, do you know how hard it is to take pictures of all the makeup before I play with it!?