I realized that I’ve written the phrase “clip your curls to cool” on here and my Instagram account @girlgetglamorous about a billion times without fully explaining it.
Clipping your curls to cool sets the curls in place. Without clipping them, the weight of your hair makes them fall as they cool, making them loose and not as curly. Clipping them helps them stay the original size you curled them and makes them bouncier, longer. Which is great for someone like me, with drier skin. I can only wash my hair a couple of times a week, max. So I usually set my curls, then dry shampoo every day to keep my hair less oily, but my scalp happy. This is also good for people who are a little lazy (like me) who only feel like taking the time to style their hair once or twice a week.
What you’ll need:
1-3 packages of Clips. These are my favorites and I use 3 packages on my hair.
How to Clip:
1. Curl each piece of hair normally.
2. As soon as it comes out of the curling iron, scoop it back up into the shape of the curl.
3. Take a clip and clip the curl against your scalp, clipping only the bottom/ends of the curl down. Leaving the top part out helps maintain your hair’s volume.
4. Let the curls set until they are cool to the touch. This usually takes 10-25 minutes.
5. Gently pull the clips out, starting from the bottom of your head.
6. Shake your hair out and Finito! Beautiful curls that will last days!
Please feel free to ask any questions or leave comments below! Thank you for reading.